This has been an exciting four years working through this list and visiting Stonehenge was an amazing way to mark my thirty years on this planet but unfortunately I didn't mange to get through everything on my list. I didn't get chance to:
- Read 'A long walk to freedom' - this is chunkier than the Bible
- See the pyramids of Giza - the flights and tour were booked but Civil War broke out!
- Sleep under the stars - again I was going to sleep on a felucca in Egypt but Civil War got in the way and I didn't fancy it in the Maasai Mara in case the baboons ate my face in my sleep.
- Buy and pay for a bottle of champagne in a bar - I have no idea how this didn't happen!!
- Ride horseback along a beach - apparently you have to be quite a competent rider to do this in this country
However I couldn't give two hoots because I have done so many other amazing things that weren't on my list that I didn't think would be possible four years ago. My favourites have been;
- climb a mountain
- buy a house
- fall in love!!
- see white and black rhinos in the wild
- bathe in the hot springs in Iceland
Now, I have had a lot of people ask me about what I am going to do next and it is will careful thought and consideration (and pressure from Laura Wilson) that I am going to continue on with a 40 things to do before I am 40 list. Watch this space...