Sunday 12 June 2016

I'm 30 and outta time!


This has been an exciting four years working through this list and visiting Stonehenge was an amazing way to mark my thirty years on this planet but unfortunately I didn't mange to get through everything on my list. I didn't get chance to:
  • Read 'A long walk to freedom' - this is chunkier than the Bible
  • See the pyramids of Giza - the flights and tour were booked but Civil War broke out!
  • Sleep under the stars - again I was going to sleep on a felucca in Egypt but Civil War got in the way and I didn't fancy it in the Maasai Mara in case the baboons ate my face in my sleep.
  • Buy and pay for a bottle of champagne in a bar - I have no idea how this didn't happen!!
  • Ride horseback along a beach - apparently you have to be quite a competent rider to do this in this country

However I couldn't give two hoots because I have done so many other amazing things that weren't on my list that I didn't think would be possible four years ago. My favourites have been;
  • climb a mountain
  • buy a house
  • fall in love!!
  • see white and black rhinos in the wild 
  • bathe in the hot springs in Iceland
Thank you to everyone who has helped me get through this list and has contributed to creating some wonderful memories that I will cherish until I kick the bucket. I am blessed to have so many people in my life that I can call my true friends and are there for me when I need them to do something a bit crazy.

Now, I have had a lot of people ask me about what I am going to do next and it is will careful thought and consideration (and pressure from Laura Wilson) that I am going to continue on with a 40 things to do before I am 40 list. Watch this space...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment